At St Mary Queen of Martyrs our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of our pupils and ignite a love of learning that successfully unlocks the true potential of each individual child.
At the heart of our school is our mission, ‘Be the best you can be, Jesus loves you always.’ We recognise that we are building the foundations for lifelong learning with Christ at the centre.
Our curriculum encompasses not only the requirements of The National Curriculum, but stretches beyond classroom walls to provide rich, varied and memorable enrichment opportunities which allow pupils to discover passions and talents for their lives ahead.
Our curriculum will:
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding allowing pupils to think and act spiritually and morally enabling them to be respectful citizens within their school and the wider community.
- Through a variety of collaborative projects and activities, develop an understanding of and respect for a range of cultures.
- Develop pupils’ subject specific knowledge and understanding of skills in line with national intent, so that they can achieve future academic success and fulfil potential career aspirations.
- Provide engaging and inclusive learning experiences, tailored to the needs of our pupils, which are designed to overcome barriers to learning.
- Develop behaviours and attitudes allowing pupils to be successful lifelong learners.
- Inspire pupils to learn with independence, curiosity and fascination about the world around them.